Wednesday 1 August 2012

What's it all about....Amar?

If you imagined Cilla Black singing the title of this entry, congratulations you win. If you leave a comment and include your address, i'll send you a pen.
If you didn't (and thus don't get the reference to the era defining Michael Caine film, Alife), you lose. Comment on this entry and i'll send you a pen.
My overly generous distribution of stationary is the topic of today's update. Not the pen part but the rewarding for comments made.

I (in my incredibly limited wisdom) decided to 'plan' today's blog, rather than just writing my usual nonsensical stream of consciousness stuff (I call that the Katie Price technique). However when I started to plan, I suddenly thought;

 - Who is this for?
 - Why am I dedicating 1 minute and 37.5 seconds of my day to it?
 - Is there actually anyone out there?!! This dog seems to think not


And he's right. There is no-one out there. Which means if you're reading this and you're not me (only you'll know that) congratulations you win. Comment, address, pen.

So what is the point? Well I want to be a writer someday. This blog allows me to hone my voice before unleashing it on the  E4  BBC3  Channel 4 Sky Living audiences.

It allows me to think creatively and work my creative muscle harder (sound dodgy? No didn't think so) than Mr Bumble used to work Oliver Twist (sounds a lot more dodgy now).

Anyone who wants to produce art should do it for themselves. Create it and then if it makes you laugh, cry, warm inside, cold inside, dizzy, nauseous, constipated or racist, then the chances are it will make someone else a erm......dizzy constipated racist and you're halfway there.

And so the answer is, dear reader, I do it for me. If I make people (anyone....please someone!) laugh, then my sole purpose in blogging is complete.

Short of that, i'm just going to start randomly posting pens to people; comments?

No comments:

Post a Comment